Having exhaustion leading to passing out, uncontrollable twitching/jerking in arms and legs. What is causing it and remedy?

Hi Iam trying to get further information on the below symptoms I have been having for the past year exhaustion which leads to me passing out and then having uncontrollable twitching/jerking in my arms and legs. It is mainly in my left side but will carry on for days after and can travel to both my arms and legs. I have been referred to a neurologist but cannot get an appointment for months
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012
Homeopath 's  Response
hi welcome to HCM.

-hi i had gone through your query and understand your concerns.
there is a wide range of conditions that can causes muscle twitching and jerking of arms and legs.

possible causes;

-stress and anxiety
- caffeine and other stimulants
-nutritional deficiencies
-reaction to the drugs such as corticosteroids
-hypokalemia etc

physical examination and blood test can the accurate diagnosis

wishing you good health