Having epilepsy attacks, On chronoitin. Side effects? Is there a permanent cure?

Hello Doctor, my husband had an attack of epilepsy 8th months back, this was the fourth time he had in the span of 10 years. But he started taking medication from 2009 to 2011. Consultant Doctor has told it might be hysteria as well. Medication prescribed was phenytoin sodium along with vitamin supplements then. Now 8th months back we have consulted other Doctor EEG, CT all reports have come normal and now currently he is on medication CHRONOITIN AND FOLIC ACID. Doctor I am worried about whether in future another attack may come and the side effects of the medication if any. please tell me what diet should be followed. And if there is permanent cure. Thank you looking forward to your fast reply.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013