Having dryness, stiffness and congestions in throat. Had cardio by-pass surgery. Suspected of COPD. Taking Betaloc. Alternate medicines?

I am a male person and aged about 65 years. I had to undergo cardio- by-pass surgery in sept.,2005. I am on Atorvastatin Ez 10mg and Ecosprine-150 mg for last 12 years and Betaloc 50/ Losar-50 for last 8years. Now that I am suffering from joint and muscle pain .Recently I have also strarted suffering from dryness, stiffness and congestions with mucus in my throat giving rise to respiratory discomfort while walking and climbing steps.On withdrawal of Atorvastatin EZ (and perhaps Ecosprin also), the discmforts are remarkably reduced. If these problems are arising out of prolonged use of the above-mentioned drugs, then What alternative drugs you may kindly suggest which can take care of my lipid problems, which as per latest report dt.18.04.2013 shows LDL at 132, VLDL at 32 and HDL at 44 mg with a total cholestoral at 208 mg and triglyracide at 140 mg . MY BP varies between 110/75 to 135/90. I have also tried inhalers like Combitide-250(twice a day) and Duolin(trice a day) as per medical prescription as a suspected case of COPD, but the same applications became useless and also proved to be counter-productive, since such administrations enhanced the congestion problems and gave rise to tongue and throat soar & pains. I look forward to your valuable advice and prescriptions, so that I may get out of these long standing problem. Yours sincerely, D.Bosu ( YYYY@YYYY ).
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013