Having discomfort in throat, chest pain on coughing and breathing, painful swallowing. Cure?

Over the last few hours, the left side my throat has gone from a slight discomfort, to having me considering walking in to the doctors tomorrow - though if the condition continues to worsen at the rate it has been, perhaps the emergency room. It runs vertically from my lower jaw to my collar bone. My chest has also started to hurt when I breathe. Swallowing is painful for my throat and chest. Tilting my head to the left does not hurt, tilting my head to the right I can feel the area of pain almost stretch . Speaking is becoming harder. Trying to somewhat cough as in clearing my throat hurts my chest and throat near my collar bone, but bit more centered.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012