Having digestive and intestinal problems. Had typhoid fever. Carried bacteria during colon cleanser. Sick? Effects? Cure?

Hi, in 2009 I had typhoid fever, and with my doctor we estimated that I must have gotten the bacteria in 2002 while doing a colon cleanser. I was treated with antibiotics but feel that I never fully recovered and today I am again exhausted with digestive and intestinal problems, same symptomes ??.
I read that the disease is only about 4 weeks, so I don't understand ; it is possible that I contracted the disease in 2002 and was just a carrier ? then got typhoid but wasn't treated properly and am still a carrier today ?
I guess my question really is ; when you are a typhoid carrier, are you also sick ? or how does it affect you ?
Thank you for letting me know.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013