Having diarrhoea, stomach ache. Given imodium. Not cured. What could it be?

Hi, My boyfriend has had diarrhea and sickness for three months. He has stomach aches that make him curl up in a ball and has lost over a stone and a half. To begin with he was being sick quite a few times a day and recently has a few days where he just has stomach aches or diarrhea but then a few days later he will be sick multiple times for a few days in a row. It doesn t appear to matter what he eats or drinks. However he has been to the doctors a few times and keeps being given immodium or strong equivalents that don t seem to make any difference. What could it be? because I don t see how a bug could last this long. Thanks, G
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jun 2012