Having dark viscous blood running from umbilicus, hard area on top of umbulicus. Reasons ?

I am a 44 yo w m and I am experiencing dark viscous blood running from my umbilicus. I noticed that I had a hard area on the top superior aspect of the umbilicus last night. I awoke at around 4:30 bleeding from umbilicus and notied it was very dark, and smelled like old blood. It also seemed to have a clear viscous substance as well. I do have some tenderness to the area, but no protruding or hernia like areas on palpitation . I feel great, and have no other c/o. As long as i have a 4x4 in it there is no bleeding, as soon as I pull the 4x4 the blood starts to run out.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012