Having dark raspberry bruise with a white center on the shine bone. Is it possible to walk this long on a fractured bone? Should I just keep icing until the bruising goes down?

I am a 51 year old woman. On Monday I was pitching to a guy and got a line drive to the shin about 5-6 inches from the ankle directly on the shin bone. It swelled into a large lump immediately but strangely didn't hurt that much after the initial contact. I've been icing. The lump has gone away but there is a dark raspberry bruise with a white center then the usual purple bruise radiates all around almost to the back of my calf. As I said it hasn't hurt much except after I've had my leg up then put it down but once the blood circulates the pain has gone away. However, this morning (Wednesday) sometimes when i walk on it it's fine the the next step the pain is so bad and can hardly stand on it. This keeps alternating. I am concerned that I may have fractured it and the white spot in the middle conerns me. Is it possible to walk this long on a fractured bone? Should I just keep icing until the bruising goes down?
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013