Having dark patches on the skin after using glycolic peel and hydroquinone. Melasma or hyper pigmentation diagnosed. CO2 laser advised

I have dark patches on my skin due to intense glycolic peel and use of hydroquinone . The dermatologist thinks it is melasma or hyper pigmentation! I think they are actual scar burns, because the texture in that area is rough and deep. Not to mention my face has actual blisters in the area where it is dark and rough. I had this peel a year and a half ago, and my skin has not recovered. I tried hydroquinone again, but my skin has not gotten better. I have an olive complextion now it is clearly gone. They told me to try the co2 laser , but I would have to continue the use of hydroquinone for 3 months. Is there another alternative.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012