Having dandruff, clusters on scalp, severe itching, reddish. Is it due to psoriasis?

Hello Doctor..My problem is regarding dandruff . I had this right when i was a baby. Now I am 23 and still it persists. It is dry flakes sometimes found in clusters on the scalp . Its also seen behind my ears, eyebrows ( sometimes) and also places where hair is found. Sometimes the itching is severe that the dandruff affected part becomes reddish with red spots at some places. I fear this to be a sign of psoriasis . I had consulted a homeo doctor. she said my dandruff problem is due to acidity which is a result of stress .Please advise if i should take medication and what i can do to avoid dandruff and if i am susceptible to psoriasis
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012