Having cyst on the left ovary, horrific pain in the right side of the abdomen, not appendicitis. Reason?

Hi there. I m 38 years old. Very active and fit. Tubal ligation and abblasion (spelling?!) done at age 33. Two full term pregnancies, youngest child is 14. Two years ago I had a cyst on left ovary found with vaginal ultrasound which burst without complications. Last week I saw my OB and he found another on same left ovary. He said not to worry but to call if complications. Two nights ago I started having horrific pain on right side for about ten hours which woke me atb1am. Worst pain I ve had in a while. Went to ER as it was in the right location for appendicitis and I was queasy. A CT scan with contrast showed appendix fine. The Dr. Said I had an enormous amount of fecal matter and that i was constipated. This was not constipation. I had been having bowel movements. Now I m spotting and it does in fact feel a bit like menses. Do CT scans pick up ovarian cysts or is that something that could have been missed? Thanks forbyourbhelp.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012