Having cyst in the ovary, swollen fallopian tube. Concerned about STD chances. Taking metronidazole and doxycycline hyclate

i am very confused at the minute! i have been told i have a cyst on my right ovary, and my left fallopian tube is swollen. everything i have read seems to point towards an std causing this-but i have been checked many times, including prior to my pelvic scan, and the tests came always have come back clear for any std s. so what may have caused this to happen? i have been given anti-biotics of metronidazole and doxycycline hyclate . thankyou!
Asked On : Sun, 27 May 2012