Having crawling feeling in the neck and arm after a fall injuring elbows and wrist. Not able to sleep. Causes?

I fell 24ft. Onto concrete crushing elbows & wrist in 2004. Since I have had a very odd ongoing pan causing me to be on strong pain meds. If I go off of them this feeling of what I call creepy crusaders comes back. This feels only what I can explain as thousands of electrical tiny spiders crawling throughout my arm and neck . It is the most uncomfortabl feeling of something in you trying to come out. The feeling causes uncontrollable twitches to try and alleviate the feeling. I can explain the uncomfortable feeling like when I used to get the flue and was unable tolay still but multiplied by thousands. I was unable to sleep for 5 - 10 min. Straight. Do you have an idea what this could be.
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012