Having cramps, diarrhoea, weightloss. Having family history of colon cancer. Does it show in barium enema?

I have had cramps like menstral cramps for a little over a year now. I have had diarrhea for 4 months and I cant seem to keep food in my system without having to make a bowel movement . I have had a barium enema and an upper GI and nothing showed up. Usually the pain is on the right side but sometimes it escalates into the other side. I need help... my appt with a specialist isnt until the new year and im in a lot of pain and have rapidly lost weight, about 25 pounds within a few months. My mom has had a history with colon cancer and she beat it twice, but wouldnt the enema have showed that? I am 22 years old and just need some answers.
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012