Having cramping, heavy brown periods. Started with birth control. Could I be pregnant?

I just started my birth control about two weeks ago and on Feb 20 I had unprotected sex and he came in me then two days later.I started cramping and feeling like I was on y period. I had brown heavy. discharge for 2 days and then I ve been heavily bleeding since then and still am. Could I be pregnant or is it just the birth control messing.with me?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013
Hello ma'am.

Birth control does have a common side effect of vaginal bleeding at times, but in a scenario similar to yours it is best to rule out pregnancy and thos should be done at least 2 weeks from the suspected date of conception or on or after the first day of a missed period using an early morning urine sample. It would be wise to rrpeat this test 2-3 times with a days gap between each test.

Once pregnancy is ruled out we can assume either contraception or infections to be the cause and will have to be further evaluated by a doctor.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.