Having cough, cold, watery eyes, lack of sleep. Solution?

Hello Doctor I am 30 year old I have got very bad cough and cold due to wich I feel I have also got sinus problem as it hurt on one side of my head and have alos got watery eyes which in morning gets bit sticky. Also my 3. 5 month old child has got some of this problems now and I am not sure what medicine I should be takin Specially for my cough as for 3nights I have not been able to sleep propery. Thank YOu
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012
You seem to be suffering from the seasonal cold. If you are not feeding, you can take antihistamines and analgesics. You can also take steam inhalations to relieve the sinus problem. Wash your eyes with plenty of pure water and if the stickiness persists consult an ophthalmologist. You may also take cough suppressants if there is no sputum. Antibiotics may be needed if the symptoms do not subside within a couple of days and if fever occurs. Please consult a physician for further advice. Take care.