Having contractions for 4 day but not getting anywhere with them

My daughter has been having contractions for 4 day but not getting anywhere with them. she has pelvic pains and they are every 10mins and have been for 3 days tummy hardens but not tummy pains, she is a week over her date, been to hospital evrything is ok they say and sent her home with painkillers . I feel its gone on to long and im gettig worried. The baby we know has a cleft lip and palete. Its been a stressfull pregnancy as it is. She gets lots of water infections and has all her life the doctors dont really know why but now im wondering if this is related. Is her body just not going to do this job? they say they will start her off on Tuesday if nothing happened. She is so tired now its really worring me. Please help thank you x
Asked On : Sun, 20 Feb 2011
hi carole
welcome to HealthcareMagic
you have every reason to be worried as a caring mother
your treating must have evaluated your daughters condition well before saying that they will start on tuesday
labor pain you must be knowing is the most painful experience of before deliveries
it is usually rhythmic and starts as back ache and spreads all over abdomen with painful uterine contraction

if the uterus contracts without any pain then may be it not labour pain
doctor must have done an internal examination to asses your daughter's condition
before sending you home
sometimes incordinate uterine contractions do occur
if your daughter has passed 7 days after her edd and she is having the prostration she should be evaluated well before sending her home
she may be considered for induction of labour
your daughter should keep close watch on her foetal movements till it is delivered
talk to your doctor and express your apprehension
Thank you for taking the time to talk to me. She went back to hospital late last night because pains got worse and the 10s machine didnt work as well the pains were going down her legs. They were getting closer together so we had high hopes. But no they sent her back home still only 1cm.
Im now beginning to thing she is having braxton hicks regulary and this is putting lots of preassure on her hips.
The other things is she has had 6 largest pieces of mucus discharge come away.
I know this is normal but is it so normal to have so much. Or is her body producing mucus because of all the contractions over a long time? She is on complete bed rest now and regular baths to try and rest her hips.
Thank you so much for your help
Carole xx