Having constant pain in my left lower abdomen. Having gas too. Have frequent feeling to pass stool. Cause and cure?

Hi, I have been having pain in what I thought was my left ovary for last few days. Yesterday it was constant and really bad and it's still bad today. It guest to walk or go to toilet. It hurts more if I have wind, not sure if its my ovary and a cyst or something or something to do with bowls. I was due to get my period yesterday but I don't think it's that.
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013

Thank you for the query.

Lower left abdominal pain can be caused by diverticulitis, urinary tract infection, urinary tract stones, ovarian cyst, ovarian inflammation or inguinal hernia.
Diverticulitis is a condition caused by chronic constipation, so if you have had them, it is quite possible. Problems with bowels movements can be also present with this condition. Fever can appear.
Urinary tract problems usually give lower abdominal pain which can radiate to the back or even groin. Frequent urinating and burning while urinating can be present.
Inguinal hernia usually gives a lump in the groin area, the pain gets more intense while standing, coughing or lifting heavy objects.

I suggest you to visit your doctor and have some tests performed. Blood work, CRP, urine analysis and abdominal ultrasound should be done at first. Transvaginal ultrasound should be also performed by a gyneacologist.
If nothing will be found, colonoscopy should be considered.

Hope this will help.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
From history it suggests that your problem is surely due to some bowel problem.
Due to chronic constipation pain in abdomen, passing of gas and some irritation in bowels.
Take some antispasmodic medicine like Meftal spas or Cyclopam.
Take Omiprazole or Ranitidine.
Take plenty of water.
Avoid fried or junk food.
Avoid sedentary life.
Ok and bye.