Having cold and fever. Tried Mahaflox without medical check up. Is this wrong medication? Side effects?

Hi, I was having a cold and fever after getting a consultation from the doctor, I purchased medicine from a medical store. But by mistake medical store person gave me a wrong medicine that is Mahaflox 400. Since this tablet is costly, I took twice a day I took for 2 and half days. Now when I visited the same medical store to buy remaining course he said wrong medicine has been given, so consult the doctor. But the doctor said nothing to worry just take more water. Is there is any side effects of this medicine, because at the max only one tablet should be taken per day but I have taken 2 tablets per day for two and half days ( totally 5 tablets have been taken ). Whether there will be any risk due to this. ?
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012