Having cold. Can hear robotic sound when people talk. What could be this?

Hello. When people talk to me or when I talk to them, infact even voices on the tv, they sound like robots. It s the weirdest thing I ve ever had. I do have a bit of a cold , but I m 45 and have had loads of colds throughout my life and have NEVER had this before. Do you know what else it could be please? Thanks for your help on this matter.
Asked On : Thu, 17 May 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome in H.C.M.

In reference to your symptoms I would like to tell you that most likely your cold had reached to throat by post nasal drip and this much is sufficient to obstruct the opening of eustachian tube. This malfunction of eustachian tube is responsible for this weired thing.

You may take now-

1- Steam inhalation.

2- Anti histaminic.

3- Decongestants.

If above treatment solves your problem than continue it for a week otherwise consult your ENT doctor for examination and treatment.