Having coeliacs. Been trough prolapsed bowel surgery. Before diagnosed with coeliacs i had bowel urgency. As it is not the main symptoms of IBS, what could it be?

Hi, I have just found this forum and am so happy there is somewhere to go to ask questions, so in advance - thanks! I have coeliacs (NZ spelling) for 10 years and have just had surgery for a prolapsed bowel after a year of evacuation issues. Even before i was diagnosed with Coeliacs I have had bowel urgency which has varied in intensiveness with stress etc. I have been told i have IBS but when I look on the internet for info about IBS the bowel urgency symptom doesn't seem to be one of the major symptoms people have. I do not have any pain as such but do get a bit of bloating depending on what i eat but my main issue has been the bowel urgency. Do you think that could actually be something other than IBS that causes that. I do not have bad smelling flatulence or diarrhea or some of the other symptoms of IBS.
Cheers, Shelagh
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013