Having chills when covered sweating profusely. Has demenia. Labored coughing and breathing. Keeping hydrated. What to do?

I need to call for ambulance I think. My dad is 87 and I take care of him. Yesterday afternoon and this afternoon he starting having chills and we put heating blanket on his bed he gets hot and starts sweating profusely. He has demenia and gets confused. He is coughing and breathing is labored. Last time this happened they said his vitals were good and did not take him to hospital. other than keeping him hydrated I don't know what to do.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013