Having chest infection, bronchiectasis. X-ray shows shadow in the ribcage at the bottom of lung. Cancer?

Good Evening, My mother is 62 years old, hasn t smoked in 30-40 years, has recently had a chest infection and has bronchiectasis . After feeling a slight pain in her back she went for an xray which showed a shadow in the ribcage at the bottom of her lung. Could this be cancer? She feels the pain go away when exercising. Could it be to do with bronchiectasis? She has no obvious symptoms of lung cancer .
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013