Having bump on penis in size of pimple. Diagnosed as folicitus. Not tested for syphilis. Oraquick test non-reactive. Can this is syphilis or HIV?

My concern is over stds,specifically syphilis and hiv . I had a bump on my penis that looked like a big pimple ,went to see my pcp who diognosed folicitus but never ran any test for syphilis. I did ask about syphilis witch he replied a chancre is more of an open sore as opposed to a bump. Then my worry turned to hiv because as i googled everything i conveinced myself something had to be wrong. Took an oraquick rapid oral swab 6 months after incident witch came back non reactive. My questions are is the oraquick conclusive and is the description of the chancre correct. So far what ive learned is never to google anything cause it will basically tell you your dying.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013