Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.
The conservative management of Lumbar disc disease
is as follows
* avoid lifting heavy weights as it imparts more strain on your back
* avoid forward bending activities as it will worsen the disc protrusion
* Use a lumbosacral back support to augment your spinal muscles
* Intermittent pelvic traction to cause a regression of disc
* Maintain optimum body weight,if you are obese
to strengthen your back muscles. Physiotherapy has to be done only after the acute pain has subsided.
* Judicious use of analgesics and muscle relaxants as needed.
An xray of the painful hip is necessary to see for any arthritic changes, if it is inconclusive an MRI
scan is needed to establish the cause of your pain. The treatment depends upon the diagnosed condition.
Hope this information is helpful. Good day