Having brown discharge during periods. Reason?

Hi, I am really freaking out because i am kind of currently on my period, I usualy start a little bit of bleeding on wensday in to not medium bleeding on thursday. but this time i didnt start any bleeding wensday and on thursday night it was super light and now its a brown color. my periods usually last till saturday night/ sunday morning. Ive been on birthcontrol since i was 15 and always have had regular periods. i had sex with a now current ex-boyfriend over thanksgiving break (in november) and we used protection. But im really uneasy about the situation because this has never happened. Please Help
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013
It is not uncommon for an occasional cycle disturbance. You seem to be experiencing one of such kind. Yet, you can exclude pregnancy by getting a home pregnancy test with a fresh sample of early morning urine and if that is not convincing, repeat the test after one week or go for a blood test and a sonogram. Also, avoid stress-as stress, weight disturbances, changes of life style tend to interfere with menstrual cycles. Maintain a healthy body weight and eat healthy. Good luck.