Having breathing difficulty and cough. Had fever. Is it serious?

Hi. I have been feeling pretty unwell for about 2 weeks. For about 3 days I felt I had a very bad flu but after my fever has subsided and I m no longer very conjested. Now I have a really persistent cough , but this is weird too. I don t constantly cough, I am virtually fine for periods of time (3min-1hr) and then will cough really hard and not be able to breathe. I also have a bit of a burning itchy sensation when I inhale deeply, but not in my throat . I m a bit confused what this could be?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013