Having braces. Upper gums rough, white rash on gums. Normal?

I was brushing my teeth earlier and I noticed something unusual. The surface of my gums on my upper set of teeth has become very slightly rough/bumpy. When I run my fingers along my bottom gums you can t actually feel any difference in texture however you can definitely see a difference. There is also what appears to be a sort of white coloured rash on the gums on my canine teeth, they are not swollen nor painful and they are not raised, they just look odd.This wasn t there this morning and it seems to have appeared very quickly. I m not sure if having braces may affect my gums at all but i ve had them on since October 2011, so I m sure they can t be related.I asked my dad about it and he said that he also has the same problem in his mouth but he ignored it and nothing has happened. Is it normal to get this or is it something I should be worried about?
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012