Having bone spur after surgery following fracture of tibia and fibula. Lost feeling, mobility in toes, foot. Obvious?

I fractured my left tibia and fibula at the end of October, and had a rod placed thru my tibia, with a few screws, the next day. About 3 weeks later a bone spur was diagnosed via x-ray, after I felt it with my fingers, growing along the fracture site, which starts about 3 inches above my inner ankle, and 4 inches above my exterior ankle. It has been growing consistently, now easily visible to the eye, bruised around it, and more lumps have formed along the fracture site. The surgeon wants to wait to see if it will callus over before risking more surgery, at this time. Painful growth spurts occur every 6 days or so, along with additional red/purple bruising at the peak of the spur. The bone spur causes great pain, at it s pointy peak, as well as up and down the leg. Further, my ankle and foot still is incredibly painful, as is the fracture site, the shin, and of course, my knee, where the surgical cut occured. How much pain is normal at this time post-surgery? I ve lost feeling in my knee, which I ve been told is typical. I ve lost feeling and mobility in my toes and upper foot, which I ve been told may be due to surgery or due to the bone spur. I have discoloration across my ankle, on areas up my shin, and on/around my knee. My skin is, overall, quite red and still fiery hot, and quite sensitive. Has anyone experienced something similar? I ve read all I can about spurs, but have not found any info regarding this kind of growth along a fracture site post-surgery. Any advice and info will be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Answers:  0 Views:  273 Awaiting Answer