Having boil, soft, puss filled. Prescribed augmentin. Healing time, use bactrim, Consult doctor?

I have a boil on my buttock, which had been there for 8 days. I went to the dr early on and was prescribed augmentin however even though I have been taking it for about 6 days it has not gone away. Ive been taking baths and putting hot compress on it but though it is soft and pus filled it still has not drained. How long should it take for it to drain? Ive read about bactrim ds, is that better to treat boils? Should I return to the dr to get nee prescriptions
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013