Having blood and mucus in urine. Had several UTI previously. Taking correct diet. Reoccurring?

Hello there, I hope you can help me....I have had the feeling of a UTI for 3 days now. I am 36 years old and have had several UTI s in my early 20 s. I have been taking OTC UTI pain relief pills ( phenazopyridine hydrochloride) 97.5mg tablets 4 times daily along with cranberry supplements , and drinking gallons of cranberry juice. The pain is not being relieved at all, seems to be getting worse rather than better. I am also passing a lot of blood and mucus clots ranging in size from a tic tac to the size of a quarter. Usually the OTC products work just fine, I am in a lot of pain and the large and frequent blood clots are scaring me. My period ended 10days ago so it isn t menstrual related. The pain and clots are definately urinary tract related. Could this be something more serious.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013