Having bad pain while chewing in the mandibular region. Salt water and hydrogen peroxide rinses, pain killers taken. What is it?

My friend is experiencing pain in her left mandibular region. It hurts to chew on that side and the pain is quite bad today. It started with pain in more of the gums and she stated they appeared white then faded back to normal. It now feels like the pain is also in her teeth in that region. She has tried salt-water rinses and hydrogen peroxide rinses. She has also been taking pain killers but the pain does not subside. What do you think this could be?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013