Having bad acid reflux. Pain radiates to stomach, back. Hiatal hernia or acid reflux?

How can i tell if I have a hiatal hernia or just acid reflux? I have been to an er and family doctor with back and chest pain . They say that my heart and lungs are fine, they have done multiple test and chest x-rays. I have had really bad acid reflux in my throat and it hurts to eat. It feels like there is something blocking esophagus . The pain radiates to my stomach and back. Is this a sign of a hernia or acid reflux?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013