Having back pain, MRI shows disc bulge at L4/L5, pain in buttocks and legs. Suggested surgery. Is it the only option ?

HI i m AAAA .my age is 25 , weight is 82 kg and height is 5 10. I m suffering from back pain from last 4-5 month so i go for Mri last month as perscribed by Neuro sergon and on that report Bulge disc was reported at l4/l5 and l5 S1 and i am suffering from pain in buttock and leg .Doctor is suggesting surgery as per my condition .so please suggest whether the surgery is only solution or physiotherapy can work in my case
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012