Having back ache, nausea, headache. Diagnosed with UTI. Reason for having rectum pain?

Hi, I had a laparoscopy on 8th Feb ( ovarian cyst aspirated). 5 days later I became really unwell with stomach and back ache, nausea, headache, chills and pain in my rectum . Went to a&e where I was diagnosed with a UTI and wound infection at site incision. I was prescribed 2 antibiotics and sent home. Following day I had a bowel movement and had some rectal bleeding with severe pain/pressure in my back passage. Returned to a&e and told it was heamorroids and an anal fissure (even though I was not constipated). Back ache became worse travelling up higher so I went to my GP who advised me to go back to the hospital as the UTI had probably travelled to my kidney and now my wound was oozing and inflamed. I felt extremely unwell at this point. On my 3rd return to a&e I was admitted to hospital, hooked up to 3 IV antibiotics and a scheduled for a scan. Following day I had a transvaginal scan which showed a collection of fluid in the Pouch of Douglas 6 x 2cm (which explained for the pain/pressure in my back passage). 2 days later results of my wound swab showed that the bug was sensitive to 2 of the antibiotics and so they had to be changed. The UTI has cleared and my wound is healing (albeit it slowly) it has dried and formed a crust and is not sore or red. However, a follow up scan (today) showed the collection of fluid was still there but had shrunk slightly (4 x 2cm). I still have slight discomfort in my rectum but a couple of ibuprofen tabs help with it. I have been sent home today with a further 4 days of 3 antibiotics (Flagyl, Fluclox and Clyndamiccin) told the fluid doesn t need to be drained and it will clear up itself. No follow up scan suggested. Should I be concerned? Thank you for your advice.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013