Having atypical hypothyroidism, PCOS. Could I have partial hypopituitarism with normal appearing gland?

I am a 41yo female with hx of 2 postpartum bleeds (moderate in 1997, severe 2004) with symptoms of possible adrenal insufficiency . My last two a.m. cortisol results were 3 and 8. High-dose ACTH stim testing produced a max cortisol of 21 at 1 hour post infusion. In addition, I have been previously told that I have atypical hypothyroidism and PCOS; however, my last thyroid panel was WNL. After 14 years of declining health, my current MD (Family Practice) is willing to order studies to r/o Sheehan s Syndrome. Should an MRI come first, or could I have mild or partial hypopituitarism with a normal-appearing gland?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013