Having athletes foot, fungal nail infection. Tea tree oil providing relief. Advised dettol, bleach foot baths. Suggestions?

Hi, I have had mild athletes foot on and off for a year and dabbing the affected areas with tea tree oil twice a day seems to work. I have now discovered that I have a fungal nail infection as well. I have been treating it with tea tree oil for a month and the new growth seems to be free of infection. A friend advised me to have daily foot baths with either bleach or dettol added. Does this really kill athletes foot and fungal nail infections?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013