Having asthma. Chest x ray showed large spots by the side of chest. What could it be?

My family and I are Americans living in China. My son has asthma . He has been sick since we arrived here. We took him to a big hospital in Beijing who gave us more medication for his asthma. He had a coughing episode and we rushed him to another hospital. They took a chest xray and said he has pneumonia . I am concerned because there were large spots on his x ray, they even looked at his clothes thinking it was metal. I am concerned what they were.We are doing daily IV medication and antibiotics . The spots were by his heart on the right side. Do you know what they could be?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012