Having asthma. Causing weight gain since doing exercises flares up asthma. Solution?

Not sure if this will help me but I have a problem with my asthma . I have had asthma all my life. I am now 39 yrs old and I am having a problem with my weight. I watch everything that I eat avoiding snacks and drinking more fluids than eating food. I have tried eating smaller snacks every two hours and no luck. It is very difficult for me to do a lot of excerize because it flairs up my asthma. When I have shortness of breath I seek medical help and the doctors always put me on prednisone which adds to the problem of the weight gain and doesn t help my asthma in the long run. All I can see happening is putting a band aid over a bigger problem. Any advice will help. Thank you for your time
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013