Having anxiety and ADHD. Taking Lexapro. What is the side effects of Lexapro ? Concerned ?

My son is 19 and has anxiety and ADHD. His doctor prescribed Lexapro (10 mg) and he has been doing a lot better. He is not on ADHD meds right now. He has taken them in the past, but does not like how they make him feel. His doctor thought he should get his anxiety straightened out and then work with the ADHD later.

He is also a very good long distance runner. He is in college and even though he goes to practices, he is not running very well at his meets. Would the Lexapro cause him to lose his ability to compete (or cause him to slow down)? He said he feels kind of heavy when he is running. He looks like he is running through mud. Please let me know if this is a side effect of Lexapro. Thank you.

Concerned Mom
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013