Having an external fixator for a radius fracture. Inflammation of ulna due to chipping. Have severe pain

I have an external fixator for a bad radius fracture . It s been 5 weeks with the fixator and I have 2 more to go. When I fell I also chipped the end of my ulna but my doctor has said not to worry about that, he s more concerned with my radius bone length and joints. This past week the tip of my ulna has become very painful and even looks to be sticking out further than the prior weeks. It almost feels worse than it did after the surgery. Any ideas on what can cause the ulna to appear inflamed all of a sudden, after 5 weeks with a radius external fixator?
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012