Having allergic conjunctivitis. Using fluorometholone. Safe?

Hi There - I have allergic conjunctivitis that they think was brought on by the coldsore virus. I ve had my eyes checked by an opthamologist who advised that it was ok to take steriod eye drops as there was no ulcer in my eye however I am anxious about the drops as I know there are risks. Are the risks with fluorometholone used twice a day for less than a week very great? I ve had the problem with my eyes for 3-4 weeks and it wasn t going away with anything else so I think that s why they resorted to this measure.
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012