Having acid reflux problems. Stomach pain, headaches, chills after taking Prilosec. Reason?

Hello. I was having some acid reflux issues about two weeks ago. I came to the conclusion that it must be the granola i was eating, since that was the only food i had introduced into my diet recently. And thats also when the acid reflex was most apparent. Stopped the granola, and within a day felt much better. The next day i decided to hit the pharmacy and inquire about what they sold over the counter that was a potent Acid reducer. The Pharmacist promptly pointed at the Prilosec on the shelf and said Now it will take a few days to take full effect I said fine. No problem. Well ive been taking it for three days now,and each time ive taken it my stomach has felt awful. Guess i didnt attribute it to the Prilosec yesterday. Today however it was very clear. About twenty minutes after taking it I felt gut wrenching pains in my stomach,became very flush all over,massive headache and chills as well. This coming from me feeling absolutely fine before. Anyway,any advicen or insite you may have as to wy this would occur would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Andrew
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013