Having abdominal pain. Missing periods. Trying for baby. Is this the symptoms of pregnancy?

hi,iam asking this question on behalf of my wife..she is getting a slight pain on her right side abdomen ..her period is missing, its a day she has been postponding her period..we are actively trying for our first baby..please do help this out and let me know the reason for the pain.since I feel that it could a symptom of pregnancy...please reply. syed...
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

You mentioned she has been postponing her period - do you mean she has voluntarily postponed her period?

It would also be better if you can provide me the following information -
1. Where exactly is the pain - upper or lower abdomen?
2. Whether this pain is a dull ache or crampy pain?
3. Is there any pain / discomfort / burning sensation while passing urine?
4. Is there any blood with urine?

The pain is most likely related to delayed period which inturn is due to hormonal changes.

Since you've been trying for pregnancy, it would be wise to verify pregnancy by performing a simple home pregnancy test. If tests are normal, an ultrasound abdomen is entailed.

Hope this answers your query.

Good luck!!