Having abdominal and lower back pain after periods. Started spotting. Pregnancy test negative. Pap smear and ultrasound done. Is it normal?

Hello. I started to have painful cramps in lower abdomen and lower back immediately after my period. That started 19 days ago. My next menstrual cycle is the 20th; however, I started spotting on the 15th...this is not normal for me. I usually start my periods and it will last 6 to 7 days. I ve taken a pregnancy test, but both came back negative. I had a pap smear due to the pain and ultrasound; my next appt is tomorrow. Just don t know what to think??!!!
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012