Having a torn muscle in forearm. Have no pain, only swelling. Planned ultrasound. Can I go back to gym training?

i have had a torn muscle on my forearm for over a year gp recommended i take 6 week of gym over a year ago, i ignored and kept training around the problem. signs are swellings only, no pain. i have no told myself it is holding me back , so i have decided to take the time off. i have now taken 7 weeks off and have a ultrasound scan next week. if all is clear could i go back into training?
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
Hello dear, It could be a complete tear of your muscle. Because in complete tear (grade-3) pain may not be there. but your movement must be affected. It would be difficult for you to move your wrist and forearm. If it is not then physical examination is required to rule out the cause of swelling. So just have some patience and wait for your ultrasound report to come. Then it will be clear about the injury and swelling. Then only appropriate management can be decided. for the timing you can use one fore arm sleeve or crape and keep your forearm elevated to minimise the swelling. you can do some finger gripping exercises if possible. Wish you a good health..