Having a lump above belly button. It is very painful and sensitive. What it is?

My husband noticed a hard lump about the size of a quarter in diameter right above his belly button last night. He says it is very painful and extra sensitive to touch. Just a moment ago, he told me he had just cleaned leaking blood from the inner part of his belly button. What could these symptoms possibly be implying??
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Your history suggests the presence of an abscess above the belly button.
You must subject yourself to physical examination by a doctor and treatment involves surgical removal of pus along with proper sterile dressings and a course of anti biotics.
You must also get your blood tests done to rule out presence of any diabetes.
I hope it helps.