Having a large bump after banging on the bath tub. Experiencing headaches and having troubled sleep. Suggest

After a concert, I had to break into my friends house through the bathroom window; after having a few drink throughout the night i was contemplating on how this would work. i went in head first not thinking of what to do once i got the first half of my body through. naturally, i grab on to the shower rod to stable myself and get one leg through, i went to shift my weight back to the window and once i took all my weight off of the shower rod; it went out from under me and i fell head first into the bathtub hitting my head on the corner on the tub. Nearly knocking myself out, i laid there for a minute to gather myself and figure out what really happened. Once i realized what happened i felt the back of my neck and there was a huge bump on the upper part of my next, right where my hairline starts. My right shoulder hurts so bad i can barely touch it. I am not sure if i should go to the doctor or not. This happened thursday of last weekend, but it is still hard to turn my neck or look down. And i am getting headaches, having trouble sleeping (and weird dreams) and feel in a daze everyday since the accident. Im not sure if i should get this checked out or not
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013
Hi, Thanks for using HCM.

Your history suggests fall over head, injured, swelling in neck and pain in right shoulder with head ache and trouble sleeping. Since there is swelling this may be due to fracture or muscle sprain. You need to restrict your movements, dont strain yourself, can take NSAIDs(aceclofenac) with chlorzoxazone(muscle relaxant) for now. Take x ray or may require CT scan and consult your doctor for examination and management.
Hope I answered your question. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Dr. Lohit