Having Zoster like pain on scalp without associated herpetic rash. Diagnosis?

Daniel Green MD ( Emergency Medicine ) Served Baghdad ER (CASH) in 2005 for OIF III. Had recurring illness with non-descript viral symptoms and undulating fevers ever since. Military denies reports of similar. Colleagues equally stumped. We tested all the usual suspects including PCR, Blots, SED, and CT for parasites. Only distinguishing symptom is Zoster Like pain on scalp WITHOUT associated herpetic rash. Any thoughts? (I ask every physician I meet now)
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013