Having Pain running down top of arm to wrist, hurts to move. Looking for treatment

about 2 years ago i hurt my self on the job turn my head to fast missed up my neck c5 c6 c7 now i have pain going down my arm to my wrest then my hand the pain was ahour then it stopped and my hand little fringer and ring one was deform and hurt like hell i thought my hand was going to stay that way it last about 10min i try moving it it was hard but it straight out.
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012
Sounds like you have compression of a nerve root in your neck. The diagnosis can be confirmed with a good clinical examination and an MRI scan. The good news is that most of these episodes resolve with the need for surgery but it can take 2-3 months for the symptoms to completely resolve. In the meantime medication such as a low does of amitryptyline or gabapentin can help with an anti-inflammatory. Gentle physiotherapy. Occasionally CT guided nerve root injections with local anaesthetic and steroid in prolonged cases can be of benefit. Ultimately one can have surgery on the neck to decompress the nerve root.